Forest FM is part of the local community and our aim is to build upon the area’s unique community spirit, helping it to grow and prosper. Unlike many radio stations, Forest FM operate a true ‘open door’ policy and we have allocated a significant percentage of airtime each day to all of the local clubs, societies, organisations and indeed individuals who might want to participate.
Crucial to Forest FM’s success is the local business community. It’s their support that keeps us on air and provides facilities for our listeners. Local businesses, in return, gain an affordable, tightly focussed advertising platform to help them grow and become successful.
Here’s how we serve the local community:
- Publicity – free of charge, for all local events and appeals, promoted with the same vigour and intensity as any business advertising campaign, not just as part of a token community noticeboard.
- Airtime for local bands and musicians – you can hear interviews and music from up and coming local artists.
- Support – for all of our clubs, societies and organisations from the Guides to the Red Cross, with Forest FM making financial contributions to deserving causes whenever possible.
- Airtime for local music enthusiasts – who simply want to share their musical interests and collections ranging from jazz to classical to country to folk.
- Features and stories on events within our local community.
And of course … great music and interesting local news for all our listeners!
In support of our local community, here are some useful World-Wide-Web links that may be of interest to local residents:
Community Magazines an excellent local publication
Dorset County Council Our County
Hampshire County Council Our Neighbours
Bransgore Community Responders Local Volunteer Medics
East Dorset District Council information on local services
Ringwood community information
Verwood Town Council for the official view of Verwood
Verwood and Three Legged Cross Neighbourhood Watch for community based crime prevention
Verwood Concert Brass the well known local band
Saint Michaels and All Saints Churches useful information
Verwood Methodist Church
Verwood Family Church Meet regularly at the Verwood Hub
Verwood Rugby Union Football Club for you sporty types!
Verwood Historical Society Local History !
Crane Valley Golf Club for you slightly more sedate sporty types!
Verwood Heathland Heritage Centre Our pottery history
Verwood Community website
Verwood.net Community website
Verwood and Three Cross Twinning Association
Old photos of Verwood Courtesy of Malcolm Smith
West Moors Village Website Courtesy of Angela Peskett
If you have a site that you would like added to our list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org